Saturday, September 10, 2016

September Kindle Deals Worth Viewing

I read a lot.

I also collect books to read in the future a lot.

I try and pay attention to Amazon's various Daily Deals as well as their monthly deals.

I also compare Amazon, Barnes & Nobel, and Google Play so if I see a deal with one company, I can see if another is price matching.

With that in mind, I'll try to mention which ones are for the month or a price match. For daily deals, I usually just throw a tweet out there so those interested can catch the deal at the time.

Deryni Rising (The Chronicles of the Deryni Book 1) by Katherine Kurtz. This is where Katherine Kurtz began her Deryni saga. This is one I've read and for those who ever wonder how say, psionics might fit into a fantasy campaign on a 'low scale', this is a great gateway book. Even better, Katherine Kurtz has another book in the series on sale. Note that the sale price on this, $1.99, is probably only due to Google Play having the book on sale. It's not part of the monthly deals so if you're interested in a classic of the fantasy genre, buy soon.



The Harrowing of Gwynedd (The Heirs of Saint Camber Book 1): Written by Katherine Kurtz, on sale for $1.99. I'll be honest, I haven't read this one in the series. Katherine's writing sometimes comes off as "too authentic" aka "dry" in places. I read so many of her books though that if you're looking for a medieval fantasy with some 'X-Men' or 'fantasy psionics', this should be a solid read and at a good price. Part of the monthly deal so you've got some time on it.



The Shrinking Man by Richard Matheson: Now if you don't know who Richard Matheson is, I can't blame you. His work doesn't get a lot of attention but it includes some classics. Most people probably know him from his novel, "I Am Legend", which has seen three efforts at making it into a movie, the last one with actor Wil Smith. He's a solid writer. Another one out for the month. It's also a classic science fiction movie but called "The Incredible Shrinking Man". Well worth the viewing if you like those old classics.




No comments:

Post a Comment